Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
·mixed lettuces of your choice. i used head, romaine, boston bibb, leaf, and mixed baby lettuces.
·pineapple, fresh or canned tidbits
·canned mandrain oranges
·roast chicken or deli roasted chicken sliced thick. i used boar's head buffalo roast chicken and had them slice it thick so i could cut into cubes.
·pecans, or nut of your choice
·good quality poppy seed dressing, or your own recipe. i used panera's poppy seed dressing. it can be found at target groceries.
How to Make Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
- Rinse and hull strawberries and cut in half or bite size pieces. Set aside.
Rinse blueberries and pick over to remove any bad berries. Set aside.
- Cut up pineapple, if using fresh or drain canned pineapple tidbits, if using. Set aside.
Drain mandrain oranges
- Clean and rinse lettuces, set aside on paper towels to get the water off. I ran all the lettuces through my salad spinner to get most of the water off.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Assemble cleaned, rinsed and dried lettuces in large bowl or individual bowls. Arrange chicken pieces and fruits on top of lettuces, and add nuts.
Served chilled with your favorite poppy seed dressing.