Low Carb Turkey Cabbage Rolls
I had some meat left and made two small turkey meat loaves.
- 1 large
- head of green cabbage
- 2 lb
- ground turkey
- 1-12 oz. pkg
- applegate organic chicken and apple sausage
- green onions, chopped
- 1-24 oz. jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce, any flavour will do.
- 2 large
- fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
How to Make Low Carb Turkey Cabbage Rolls
- 1Put your cabbage in a large pot and boil the water until the cabbage leaves come off easily. I left mine quite a long time so it was soft down to the core.
- 2Remove the core and remove all the leaves. Remove the outer part of the large rib from the outside of each leaf with a sharp knife. This will make the leaves easier to roll. Try not to cut through the leaf.
- 3Prepare your chicken and apple sausage by putting it through the food processor until it resembles hamburger. Mix it with the ground turkey and then add the egg, onion and salt and pepper. Don't mix too long, this will make the meat tough.
Spread about 1/4 of the jar of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the dish you use to cook the rolls. Keep any left over cabbage to put on top of the sauce and under the rolls. I used a 9x13" rectangular ceramic dish. It was just right.
- 4Lay one of the softened leaves on it's back (rib side down) and put a large spoonful of meat mixture at the end closest to you and then roll, fold the sides in and roll to the end to make a nice neat roll.
- 5Place the rolls on top of the cabbage pieces in the casserole dish.
Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce on top of the rolls. Cover the rolls with a sheet of tin foil.
- 6Bake at 35o'F for 45-50 minutes.