Turmeric Lemon Butter Basted Cod
26 oz pieces cod or other mild white fish
1 Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tspturmeric salt
·freshly ground pepper to taste
·sub for turmeric salt: 1/2 t kosher salt + 1 t turmeric
How to Make Turmeric Lemon Butter Basted Cod
- Rinse fish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle turmeric salt and pepper on fish, flip and do the same on the other side.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a sauce pan large enough to hold both pieces of fish.
- Add lemon juice to the butter when melted.
- When the pan is hot, add both pieces of fish. Tip the pan a little to puddle up some of the butter. Baste both pieces of fish with the butter.
- Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. You want some nice browning on the fish.
- Baste once more and turn fish to the other side.
- Tip the pan and baste the fish several times with the butter. Cook another few minutes until desired doneness, basting every 30 seconds or so.
- Flip fish one more time, baste several times with butter.
- Plate. Garnish with parsley if desired.