Bettys's Thai Inspired Chicken Sausage Rolls
Chicken sausage meat can be pre-ordered from your poultry butcher.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 pound (500g) chicken saugage meat
·1 pound (500g) chicken mince
·1 cup bread crumbs
·2 tablespoon fish sauce
·1-2 tablespoons thai red curry paste - i use just over a tablespoon
·2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (corinander)
·4 green onions, finely chopped
·1 large carrot, grated
·1 large zucchini, grated (and juice sqeezed out)
·1 large potato, peeled and grated (juice squeezed out)
·2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
·6 sheets prepared puff pastry, thawed
How to Make Bettys's Thai Inspired Chicken Sausage Rolls
- Pre-heat your oven to 200oC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the pastry in a large bowl. Use your hands to combine (I use kitchen gloves).
- Place each of the pastry sheets on your bench. Evenly disperse the meat mix on each pastry sheet. Use your hands to fashion the meat mix to resemble a sausage which runs down one side of each pastry sheet. Roll each sausage roll up and cut into either halves or thirds. Place on the prepared trays
- Bake in the prepared oven for 40-50 minutes until golden and they smell delicious. Cool for 5 -10 minutes prior to serving.
- NOTE - Mini sausage rolls can be made for birthday parties, get togethers and sporting parties. Sausage rolls are best made prior to serving, but can be frozen after cooking and re-heated in the oven.
The filling can be made and frozen upto 6 weeks ahead of time. Thaw completely first before using.