Linguine in the Instant Pot
J. White Harris
1 lbbulk mild italian sausage
2 can(s)mushrooms stems and pieces
1 pkg(16 ounce) linguine
·salt and pepper, to taste
2 jar(s)(24 ounce ea.) pasta sauce
1 jar(s)water, use sauce jar
How to Make Linguine in the Instant Pot
- Set your Instant Pot to SAUTE and brown the sausage, be sure to break meat apart into small pieces as it browns.
- Add mushrooms to the pot, break pasta in half to lay flat on the browned meat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add Italian seasoning if desired.
- Pour TWO jars of sauce and ONE jar of water over top of pasta.
- Put lid on the pot, and ensure knob is on SEALING. Set Instant Pot to Manual (high) for 9 minutes.
- When finished, allow 10 minutes NPR (Natural Pressure Release) before VENTING. The Instant Pot is in the keep warm mode so if you are not ready to sit down to eat leave it plugged in and do not change the settings.
- Once vented, open - be careful to open the lid away from your face to avoid scalding, and stir the contents of the pot to mix all ingredients evenly and thoroughly. If you are not ready to eat now, put a lid on the Instant Pot, it will keep the food warm until time to eat.
- Have some Parmesan cheese to add to each serving as desired, some warm garlic bread, and a nice salad ready and you can sit down for a great meal.