New Years Day Black-eyed Pea's
Linda Faye Lober
How to Make New Years Day Black-eyed Pea's
- Get a large pan and soak 1 pound bag of black eyed peas overnight! Enough water to cover the top of beans; depends how soupy you want them.
- After soaking overnight, remove from refrigerator and and put pan on stove with a medium heat.
- Add 1 stalk finely chopped celery, salt and pepper
- Add chicken broth (2 cans or one box) or home made
- Bring to a boil and them allow them to simmer and serve with cornbread.