Eggplant & Garbanzo Curry
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 can(s)petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 mediumeggplant, 1" cubes
2 tspcurry powder, more to taste
2 cboiling water
1 can(s)garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cfresh cilantro, chopped
1 clong-grain rice
1/2 clow-fat greek yogurt - optional
How to Make Eggplant & Garbanzo Curry
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat, cook the onion, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, eggplant, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the garbanzo beans and cook until heated through, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Remove from heat, cover and let rest 5 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Serve the curry over the rice, with a dollop of Greek yogurt and chopped cilantro.