Mom's Tuna Quiche
bring it to a pot luck.
Another variation I do is with chicken chunks, spinach, mushrooms, scallions and cheddar cheese. I usually make one of each since the pie crusts come in packages of two. Yummy (and pretty healthy) comfort food!
- 4 large
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- swiss cheese, grated
- 2 can(s)
- tuna (water-packed, well drained)
- 2 c
- mushrooms, fresh
- 1/2 c
- chopped scallions (green onions)
- seasoning salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Mom's Tuna Quiche
- 1Wash and chop mushrooms or use pre-sliced. Sautee in butter until moisture is removed.
- 2While mushrooms are cooking, chop scallions, grate cheese and drain tuna
- 3Place one (uncooked) pie crust in a deep-dish pie plate. Top with tuna, cheese, sautéed mushrooms and scallions.
- 4Beat together eggs, milk and seasonings and pour on top of tuna mixture. (You can add a sprinkle more of cheese on top if you like.) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You can protect the crust edges with foil, but I have found that I don't need to. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.