Pork Ragout with Chantele Mushrooms
Fantastic flavor consider serving over noodles.
- 1 oz
- chantale mushrooms, reconstituded.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 lb
- pork roast, boneless cut into 2" cubes
- 1 large
- white onion, chopped
- 5 slice
- bacon, diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 c
- dry red wine, burgundy is a good choice
- 1 tsp
- dry rubbed sage
- 1 tsp
- 2-3 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
- bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tsp
- corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup dry red wine
How to Make Pork Ragout with Chantele Mushrooms
- 2Add the bacon and the onion garlic mixture. Cook for about 10 minutes or until meat releases juices. With a slotted spoon remove the meat and onion mixture. Drain excessive juice.
- 3Pour in 1 1/2 cups of wine, add back the meat and onion mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for one hour. Add Chantele mushrooms in after 30 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaves. Mix 2 1/2 teaspoons of corn starch into 1/4 cup red wine. Stir to blend and slowly pour into ragout to thicken.