I have no clue where I got this recipe. It was hand-written and stuffed into my 3-ring binder.
This crust is made ahead of time and baked. After the crust is done, add your favorite toppings and then re-bake.
The crust has a slight crunch, but does not hold up well to next-day leftovers so consider using smaller personal pan sizes and refrigerate any unwanted "dough" to use later.
P.S. This is not my photo. I will post a pic when I make it next.
- 3 1/2 c
- zucchini (coursely grated)
- eggs, beaten (or use egg substitute)
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- basil leaves, minced or 1/2 tsp dried
- salt and pepper
How to Make Zucchini-Crusted Pizza
- 1Salt the zucchini lightly and let it sit for 15 minutes. Squeeze out all excess water.
- 2Combine all crust ingredients, and spread into an oiled 9x13 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes until the surface is day and firm.
- 3Brush the top with oil and broil it under moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Pile all your favorite pizza topping on and bake at 350 degrees F for another 25 minutes.