Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Dinner Salad
I have included my favorite raspberry vinaigrette recipe as well or feel free to use your favorite bottled raspberry, pomegranate, or strawberry vinaigrette. Recipe follows instructions.
- grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts (if pinched for time, i keep a bag of prepared grilled chicken breasts strips in my freezer for quick dinner salads, etc.)
- red delicious apple
- granny smith apple
- cup dried cranberries or craisins
- cup blue cheese crumbles
- cup sugared pecans or honey roasted cashews or almonds
- thinly sliced red onion rings, optional
- salad croutons, optional
- bag of salad mix (i like spring mix)
How to Make Apple Pecan Grilled Chicken Dinner Salad
- 2Place mixed salad greens in a large, decorative salad bowl. Add apples, (red onions if using) craisins, sugared nuts of your choice, (croutons, if using) and crumbled blue cheese.
- 3Warm grilled chicken breasts in microwave and slice into 1/2 inch strips. Fan on top of salad while hot and serve with vinaigrette below or your favorite bottled vinaigrette, raspberry, strawberry or pomegranate.
- 4Raspberry Vinaigrette Instructions:
1/2 c. canola oil
10 frozen or fresh raspberries
3 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar, or to taste
2 Tbsp. raspberry jam
1 Tbsp. sugar, or to taste
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. onion powder
Place all dressing ingredients in blender to emulsify. I use my immersion or stick blender for less cleanup. You can easily adjust the sweetness or tartness by adjusting the jam/vinegar ratio to customize it to your taste.
Recipe for vinaigrette adapted from food.com.