Porcupines 'n cabbage
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lblean (80%) ground beef
3/4 crice, instant and uncooked
1/2 mediumred onion , minced
1 Tbspchopped garlic,from a jar
1 -6oz can(s)tomato paste, no salt added
2-small can(s)tomato sauce, no-salt added + 3 cans water
1 largecarrots, cubed
1 tspsalt or salt subistute
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 smallhead of red cabbage, sliced
How to Make Porcupines 'n cabbage
- Mix Ground beef, rice, onion and garlic
- Form mixture into balls a little larger than golf-ball size.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in a small amount of olive oil on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels. Wipe out skillet
- while meatballs are browning place tomato paste, water, tomato sauce, celery, carrot,salt and pepper into blender. liquefy.
- Pour tomato mixture into skillet and bring to simmer, add meatballs , and layer cabbage on top . Cover.
- Simmer on low until meatballs are cooked and cabbage is semi-soft. remove lid and let liquid reduce to desired consistency.