Crispy Tempura Shrimp Restaurant Style By freda
This can also be used on Raw Vegetables, and Onion Rings.
Note: Some Tempura batters made at home become "Soft and Soggy" after it reaches the Table. This is one that "Stays Crispy" and Light. I have tried many Tempura, until I learned this, I enjoy this one best of Any I have tried.
Note: cooking time is about 3 min per shrimp DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- 2 lg
- egg yolks
- 3 C
- rice flour, (divided)
- 2 C
- seltzer water, ( chilled very cold)
- 2 Tbs
- sesame oil (for flavoring)
- 1 Tbs
- kosher salt, (as seasoning)
- 2 lb
- large shrimp; butterfly shrimp, by using sharp knife, cut into the back of the shrimp. start at the top and slice downwards to the bottom. remember not to cut all the way thru the shrimp. cut only 1/2 way thru. spread out flat. rinse well.
CRISPY TEMPURA BATTER
VEGETABLE OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
RAW VEGETABLES CAN ALSO BE USED; GREEN BEANS, PEPPERS, ONIONS, MUSHROOMS,BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, CARROTS
How to Make Crispy Tempura Shrimp Restaurant Style By freda
- 4add sesame oil, whisk well again, to incorporate flavors.
Your Batter is now ready to Use., & should be quite thick.
- 9cook shrimp till golden brown turning on all sides.
Cooking time is about 3 min. per Shrimp.
"DO NOT OVER COOK"