Crispy Flounder Fillets
Rose Mary Mogan
- flounder fillets or other fish of your choice
- 3/4 c
- crushed corn flakes, or panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 large
- egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp
- paprika (if you use panko bread crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
How to Make Crispy Flounder Fillets
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet & set aside.
- 2Combine corn flakes or panko crumbs with flour, salt pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika if using panko crumbs, place in zip lock bag or shallow dish.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold in dijon mustard. Dip fillets into egg white mixture, then coat fillets with crumb mixture, being sure to coat all sides.
- 4Place coated fish on prepared baking sheet. Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until fish is crispy and cooked through out. Makes 2 to 4 servings depending on appetites. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.