Boiled Shrimp with Creamy Buttermilk Avocado Sauce
2 lbshrimp peeled and deveined large cooked with tails 26/30
2 tspcreole seasoning
1 pkgmixed baby greens, thoroughly washed
4 tsphot sauce (optional)
CREAMY BUTTERMILK-AVOCADO SAUCE
2 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
2green onions, finely chopped
2 Tbsplemon juice
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
How to Make Boiled Shrimp with Creamy Buttermilk Avocado Sauce
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 min. or until they just turn pink . If using frozen shrimp, just thaw under warm water and boil about 30 sec. ( I use the frozen, pre cooked shrimp).
- Drain shrimp and run under cool running water. Place in a small bowl.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice. Place small bowl of shrimp on the ice. cover and chill 1 hr. to 24 hrs.
- Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp, watch seeds ! Drizzle with hot sauce if using, add Creole seasoning (I use Emiril's ) toss to coat. Serve on a bed of mixed greens and the Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce.
- THE SAUCE
- In a food processor or blender Process avocado, parsley, onion and lemon juice 30 seconds or till smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with shrimp
- You may store this with plastic wrap on top (make sure wrap is touching surface to prevent discoloration) in the refrigerator for up to two days.