Boiled Shrimp with Creamy Buttermilk Avocado Sauce
- 2 lb
- shrimp peeled and deveined large cooked with tails 26/30
- 2 tsp
- creole seasoning
- 1 pkg
- mixed baby greens, thoroughly washed
- 4 tsp
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 c
- avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
CREAMY BUTTERMILK-AVOCADO SAUCE
How to Make Boiled Shrimp with Creamy Buttermilk Avocado Sauce
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 min. or until they just turn pink . If using frozen shrimp, just thaw under warm water and boil about 30 sec. ( I use the frozen, pre cooked shrimp).
- 2Drain shrimp and run under cool running water. Place in a small bowl.
- 3Fill a medium bowl with ice. Place small bowl of shrimp on the ice. cover and chill 1 hr. to 24 hrs.
- 4Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp, watch seeds ! Drizzle with hot sauce if using, add Creole seasoning (I use Emiril's ) toss to coat. Serve on a bed of mixed greens and the Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce.
- 5THE SAUCE
- 6In a food processor or blender Process avocado, parsley, onion and lemon juice 30 seconds or till smooth.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve with shrimp
- 9You may store this with plastic wrap on top (make sure wrap is touching surface to prevent discoloration) in the refrigerator for up to two days.