Slow Cooker Pork with Noodles
- 3 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 Tbsp
- packed light brown sugar
- 4 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- pieces star anise
- kosher salt
- 3 lb
- pork shoulder, boneless
- head bok choy, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 oz
- dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Make Slow Cooker Pork with Noodles
- 1Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, star anise and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker; Add the pork, then cover and cook about 20 minutes.
- 2Add the bok choy to the slow cooker; cover and cook about 20 minutes.
- 3Add the noodles to the slow cooker, making sure they are submerged. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
- 4Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat. Divide the pork, bok choy, and noodles among bowls, then ladle in some of the broth. Sprinkle with the cilantro.