POCKET OF THE EMERALD ISLE
In trying to make it an authentic Irish dish, I have incorporated bacon and cabbage into my creation.
Couldn't get a picture this time, the batteries in my camera gave out & the cell phone has no more space & I didn't have time to delete anything to get space...so picture will have to come later!
But it tasted really good and my only problem was that I hadn't doubled the recipe to make more!
- pita bread, cut in half
- 1 c
- sour cream, fat-free
- 1/4 c
- mayonnaise, fat-free
- 1/2 tsp
- tarragon leaves
- 1/8 tsp
- onion powder
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked in microwave & crumbled
- skinless/boneless chicken breast, grilled & sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c
- romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 c
- finely shredded & chopped cabbage
- 1/4 c
- shredded carrots
- 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese
How to Make POCKET OF THE EMERALD ISLE
- 1In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon and onion powder; blend well and chill about an hour for flavors to blend. When ready to make sammie, spread some dressing on inside of each pita pocket. There will be some dressing leftover, you'll use it at the end.
- 2Put ¼ of the lettuce, ½ the cabbage and 1/4 of the carrots, ½ each the bacon and chicken in each pocket. Top with 1/2 the cheese, another ¼ of lettuce and 1/4 of carrots. Use the remainder of the dressing to add a dollop to the top of each sammie.
- 3You’ll be having an authentic pocket of goodness from the Emerald Isle!
Makes 2 sandwiches