Orange Garlic Chicken
- 3/4 c
- chicken stock
- garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- smoked garlic extra virgin olive oil
- 8 - 10
- chicken pieces
- oranges, peeled, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- dry white wine....i used chardonnay but had a hard time deciding between a sauvignon blanc
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz
- mixed and dried mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped.
- basil or parsley to garnish
- serve this with rice or potatoes....i am going with rice.
How to Make Orange Garlic Chicken
- 1Boil the stock and the garlic cloves for 20 minutes. Strain the garlic from the cloves. Keep the garlic cloves. They will go back into the dish in step 3.
- 2Remove the skin and pith from the orange. Slice into thin slices
- 3Remove the browned chicken from the frying pan to an oven-safe dish. Top with garlic and oranges.
- 4Heat the chicken drippings to high...add wine, reserved stock, mushrooms. Heat to a desired gravy-like consistency. Pour over the top of the chicken.
- 5Bake at 375 for 45 minutes....Serve over rice or potatoes.