Healthy Comfort Food
Amanda A. Becker
How to Make Healthy Comfort Food
- 1Optional: First - Put the chicken in a ziploc bag with lemon, olive oil, pureed garlic, salt, pepper, and basil (or any spices you want). This makes a nice quick marinade that doesn't have to sit very long.
- 2Potato: eel the skin off the potato. Put the sweet potato in small-medium sauce pan, filled with water, put burner on medium-high. Boil for 30-35 minutes or until you can poke easily with a fork. It should have a nice soft and easy texture.
- 3Veggies: 15 minutes later put the carrots and mushrooms in a skillet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I add minced garlic. That's totally optional. Carrots are done when brown on two sides or very tender. Mushrooms are done when they have a nice dark color to them and are very tender.
- 4Chicken: Get a skillet. Put on medium or medium low heat. Place chicken on olive oil, cook until brown on both sides, white in the middle.
- 5Place everything on plate, chop up some fresh basil. Place on all the ingredients. Enjoy!