2 Tbspdijon-style mustard
1 Tbspcurry powder
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/4 tspground black pepper
4whole chicken legs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
2 largenectarines or peaches, quartered
2 largeplums, quartered
1 lbsweet potatoes, parboiled 15 minutes, peeled and thickly sliced
How to Make Grilled Curried Chicken Legs and Fruit
- Combine honey, mustard, curry powder, lemon juice and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning bag once.
- Add nectarines or peaches, plums and sweet potatoes; turn to coat. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat broiler or coals. Coat broiler pan rack or grill rack with non stick vegetable oil cooking spray; place 9 inches from source of heat.
- Place chicken on rack. Broil or grill 15 minutes. Turn over; brush with curry mixture.
- Add fruits and potatoes to rack; broil or grill 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink near bone.
Discard any extra marinade.