If gluten is an issue. You can skip dredging the chicken . Only difference the sauce will be a bit thinner
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cchicken stock
1 cwhite wine optional
3lemons juiced. and 2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 - 2 tsprosemary, dried
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Chicken piccata
- The chicken can be any type. 4 Chicken breast whole or 4 Leg quarters or. 4 breast cut up into strips. The strips take less cooking time. Choice is yours.
- Season chicken with lemon pepper.
- Toss or dredge chicken in flour shake off exsess
- Heat oil in skillet and add mashed garlic and rosemary
- If using breast or quarters Add chicken to skillet med high heat.. Skin side down and brown. When browned well flip over
If strip chicken cook over med heat until brown turning occasionally
- Once browned on top side and flipped over pour 1 cup of chicken stock. Bring to boil reduce heat cover and cook 30 minutes for whole pieces. 10 for strips
- Add either 1 cup of chicken stock OR white wine.
Add lemon juice and zest
Flip chicken skin side down and continue to cook 30 minutes over low heat and uncovered.
Strips cook 10 more minutes
- Remove chicken and plate continue to cook the liquid in pan and reduce down a bit
Add butter after turning heat off and stir until melted
Add capers stir well
Spoon over chicken