Chicken and Dumplings Low Carb
1 lbcooked chicken
1/4 stickmelted butter
1 ccarbquik low-carb baking mix or other brand
2 cchicken stock homemade or canned
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup (you may use fat-free to lighten this up even more)
1/4 tsphot sauce or to taste (optional
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings Low Carb
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread melted butter into a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Remove any skin and bone from cooked chicken and shred. Spread evenly in casserole dish with the butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and any other seasonings that you like.
- In a small mixing bowl, add baking mix and water. Mix together with your hands or a fork until you can form a soft dough. Using your hands, roll dough into a ball and pinch off teaspoon-sized pieces and space evenly over the chicken, leaving a couple of inches between your pieces.
- Whisk together chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, hot sauce and pepper. You may omit hot sauce and pepper, if you like.
- Pour stock mixture over the chicken and dumplings. Using a spoon, press the dumplings down into the soup, making sure that all dumplings are coated. Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.