2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cpineapple juice
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 csoy sauce
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspfresh ginger, finely grated
2 Tbspsesame seeds
·skewers that have been soaked in water for15 minuted
How to Make Broiled sesame chicken skewers
- If you are using fresh (not frozen) chicken, place it on a cookie sheet and stick it into the freezer for a few minutes until it is partially frozen. This will make it easier to slice. If using frozen chicken, partially thaw it.
- With a sharp knife, slice the breasts across the grain of the meat. Make slices about 1/4 inch thick and uniform in size so that they will cook evenly.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, place the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Heat until everything is combined.
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. But longer is better. I like to leave it in the marinade overnight.
- Place the chicken strips onto the skewers in a zig zag fashion, and place on a broiler pan or cooking sheet. Sprinkle each side of the skewers with the sesame seeds.
- Broil each side for about 5 minutes. Serve warm....but just as good at room temperature.