Stuffed Sweet Peppers
I hope you will enjoy.
·4 - 5 red bell peppers, tops cut off and kept aside
·1 tbsp olive oil
·1/2 onion, finely chopped
·2 cloves garlic, finely minced
·1 tbsp tomato paste
·8 oz ground beef
·1/4 cup zucchini diced
·8 oz chopped tomatoes
·1/4 cup red wine
·1/4 cup water
·1 cup rice
·2 tbsp old cheddar cheese, shredded
·2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, clean out completely, rinse with cold water and set aside until needed.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a pan and fry onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Next add the tomato paste and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then add the ground beef and fry 10 minutes. (until golden brown)
- Now toss in the zucchini, frying for 2 minutes; then add the tomatoes, water and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice as you normally would but for only 8 minutes as it finishes cooking in the oven. Strain and set aside until needed.
- Dab some oil on the peppers and pepper tops and put them in the oven to bake for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat and add in the rice, cheese and parsley.
Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary, fill the peppers and top with lids.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a pan and bake for 45 minutes .