Much Easier Cabbage Rolls With Flavor
Another reason to try this recipe is the method... no more boiling a big pan of water to soften the cabbage. It can be done in 4 minutes in your microwave.
If you're sick of watery, blah cabbage rolls, give these a try. Just made them last night and they are wonderful!
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 c
- cooked rice (minute rice is fine)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- green pepper, minced
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 small
- onion, minced
- 24 oz
- jar bertolli olive oil & garlic pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 3 tsp
- (one tablespoon) worcestershire sauce
- 1 large
How to Make Much Easier Cabbage Rolls With Flavor
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash cabbage and pat dry. With a paring knife, loosen outermost leaf at bottom of head and remove. Remove tough center rib. Place on a piece of toweling on a microwavable plate. Continue doing this until you have 10-12 leaves placed one inside the other. Cover loosely with saran wrap and microwave for 4-4 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and tent loosely with more saran wrap. Allow to steam while you prepare the filling and sauce. *** When the head gets small and removing leaves becomes more difficult, simply microwave the whole remaining head for 4 minutes.
- 2MEAT MIXTURE: Place all filling ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Mix gently yet thoroughly. Set aside.
- 3SAUCE MIXTURE: Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- 4TO ASSEMBLE: Place small amount of sauce in bottom of baking dish (or crock pot). Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out meat and place in cabbage leaf and roll. Secure with toothpick and place, toothpick side down, in prepared 9x13 pan. (If you prefer, you can place in an oiled crock pot, cooking on low for around 7 hours, removing lid last 30 minutes.) When done rolling, cover with sauce. Tent loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Don't forget to remove toothpicks!
- 5***Recipe is my own.
***Photo By: teachersblock.com