Jalapeno Beef Roll with Zucchini
How to Make Jalapeno Beef Roll with Zucchini
- 1About 35 minutes before serving, shred enough to measure 1 cup.
- 2Set remaining zucchini aside.
- 3Shred monterey jack cheese.
- 4In a medium bowl, grate onion.
- 5Add ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 6Mix well.
- 7On waxed paper, pour ground beef mixture into a 11 x 8" rectangle.
- 8Sprinkle shredded zucchini and cheese over beef mixture.
- 9Starting on a long side, roll meat mixture around filling, jelly roll fashion, lifting wax paper to help shape roll.
- 10Press seam and sides to seal.
- 11Carefully, transfer beef roll, seam side down to a 2 quart oblong baking dish.
- 12Microwave cook, covered with waxed paper on high 5 minutes.
- 13Then on medium (50%) 15 minutes.
- 14Let stand covered.
- 15Meanwhile, in a 10" round baking dish, melt butter on high 30 seconds.
- 16Add zucchini. Cook, covered with plastic wrap, on high 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
- 17Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoons salt after cooking.
- 18To serve, cut beef roll into 12 slices on serving platter.
- 19Spoon zucchini along side of meat and serve.