Refreshing Citrus Mint Green Tea
I'm giving you the basics of the recipe. If you like more mint or fruit, feel free to add more mint or fruit to taste. Most importantly, experiment until you get a tea that you love!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- mint, fresh from the produce aisle (you can use fresh mint according to taste)
- 1/2 gal
- brewed green tea
- 1/2 gal
- naval oranges, sliced (add more or less according to taste)
- lemons, sliced (add more or less according to taste)
- 1/2-1 c
- sugar or sweetner
How to Make Refreshing Citrus Mint Green Tea
- 1Boil about half a gallon of water and add green tea to steep for about 2 to 3 hours
- 2While tea is brewing, clean mint sprigs, oranges and lemons (do not peel the fruit.)
- 3Slice orange and lemon. Kids love the "pinwheel" look of the "garnish" fruit.
- 4After the tea has brewed and cooled down, discard the teabags and in a 1 gallon pitcher, pour the tea and fill the remaining space in the pitcher with water up to about an inch from the rim.
- 5Add 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar or sweetener to taste
- 6Add fruit and mint, mix and refrigerate. The citrus essence from the skins will seep into the tea, giving it a lovely citrus taste. The fruit and mint also gives the tea a lovely garnished look.
- 7Serve over ice and enjoy!