How to Make Pear Juice
- 1Wash the pears thoroughly. You can use ripe or hard pears for this.
- 2Remove seeds and stems.
- 3Cut into small pieces.
- 4Place in large stock pot with enough filtered water to cover
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Boil 5 to 7 minutes, remove from heat.
- 7Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, pour off all of the juice, through a strainer;for clearer juice repeat this process several times.
- 8That's it, you now have pear juice. Serve chilled over ice. It will keep in the frige a few days. You can freeze any excess.
- 9DON'T throw away the pulp, use it to make your favorite jam or fruit spread, instead of throwing it away.
Remember the old pork producers slogan "We use everything but the squeal!" So it is with pears!