How to Make Pear Juice
- Wash the pears thoroughly. You can use ripe or hard pears for this.
- Remove seeds and stems.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Place in large stock pot with enough filtered water to cover
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 to 7 minutes, remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, pour off all of the juice, through a strainer;for clearer juice repeat this process several times.
- That's it, you now have pear juice. Serve chilled over ice. It will keep in the frige a few days. You can freeze any excess.
- DON'T throw away the pulp, use it to make your favorite jam or fruit spread, instead of throwing it away.
Remember the old pork producers slogan "We use everything but the squeal!" So it is with pears!