Dairy Free New York Egg Cream
This makes one serving, but you can double the recipe. Make sure all your ingredients are cold. I use a straw to drink mine..it's so tasty!
- 2 Tbsp
- chocolate syrup (ah!laska) is non-dairy and organic
- 1/4 c
- non-dairy milk (almond, hazelnut, soy, rice etc.)
- 1 c
- seltzer (i use blue sky sparkling low sodium water)
How to Make Dairy Free New York Egg Cream
- 1Stir the syrup and milk together briskly in a 12 oz. glass. Add the seltzer fill the glass. Stir once or twice, and serve immediately!
If you can't find non-dairy chocolate syrup, mix together 1 1/2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa (Dutch process is recommended) add one tbsp. sucanate or alternative sweetener of your choice. Add about 2 tbsp. of non-dairy milk to make a thick syrup.
- 3For a richer drink, substitue unflavoured soy or coconut creamer to part of the milk.