Pate Brisee Pie Crust
It is rich and buttery and very flakey.
Fill with your favourite filling and cook acording to directions.
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- course salt
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- (2 sticks unsalted butter) cold cut into small pieces
- 1/2 c
- ice water, plus more if needed
How to Make Pate Brisee Pie Crust
- 1In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt; pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some larger pieces remaining, about 10 seconds. To do this by hand cominge the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- 2With the machine running, add the ice water through the feeding tube in a slow steady stream, just enough until the dough holds together without being sticky or wet. Don not process more than 30 seconds. Test by squeezing a small amount of the dought together. If it is still crumbly add more water 1 tbsp. at a time.
- 3Turn dough out onto a clean surface. Divide in half and place each piece in plastic wrap. I made mine into discs. Flatten and refrigerate for 1 hr. to over night.
- 4Use this to bake your pie. It will make enough for one 15 by 12" pie.