Linda' Pecan Pie
Linda Faye Lober
So with a little tweaking over the years, I came up with my own version of Pecan Pie, Linda's style.
Been serving it since 1974, with no complaints.
Hope that you enjoy it.
- 3/4 c
- white karo syrup
- 3/4 c
- dark karo syrup
- 3/4 c
- c & h sugar
- 3 large
- 1 large
- * deep dish pie shell
- 1 1/4 c
- halved pecans
How to Make Linda' Pecan Pie
- 1In large mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup white karo syrup
- 2add 3/4 cup dark karo syrup in same mixing bowl
- 3add 3/4 cup C& H sugar
- 4add 3 slightly beaten eggs to the above wet mixture and stir until blended.
- 5After all the wet ingredients are stirred together poor into unbaked pie shell.
- 6* I have a Lard Pie shell recipe that I have posted, but if your in a hurry for time by a deep dish frozen pie shell.
Make sure that you prick the bottom so that it does not get air pockets.
- 7Have oven pre-heated to 325 degrees.
Have a warm cookie sheet (this avoid the pie from getting all humped up in the center.)
You then place ingredients in the pie shell.
- 8After all wet mixtures are in pie shell.
Carefully arrange halved pecans on top. Start from the outer perimeter and work towards center.
Takes a little longer but a lot more professional looking pie.
- 9Cook pie at least 1 hour and 15 minutes, an undercooked pecan pie is runny in the center. This is not anything that I would serve.
Check doneness of pie, by taking a butter knife and gently inserting in middle, when it comes out clean it is done.
If not then continue cooking, until knife come out clean.
- 10Let pie rest before trying to serve, you may refrigerate it after it has cooled down.
Some serve with whip cream or ice cream.
Me the pie stand for itself and extra garnishes are not needed!