Sparkling Jello Dessert
It may take a little time and patience to make -but believe me it is well worth it!
I am ask for this recipe whenever I bring this to family gatherings or church dinners.
- 4 box
- (3 oz. each) jello in 4 different colors- like cherry- orange-lime-and blueberry
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk not evaporated milk
- 3 pkg
- knox unflavored gelatin
- 5 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 c
- cold water
How to Make Sparkling Jello Dessert
- 1Using 4 jello colors of your choice or those listed here.
Dissolve each jello flavor or color in 4 different bowls and add 1 cup of boiling water to each bowl. Mix and stir each until dissolved.
- 2Pour jello into 4 different 8-inch square pans and chill at least 3 hours, until firm. (I chill overnight)
- 3After chilling and firm, cut each flavor into small squares and scatter pieces in a lightly oiled Bundt pan with canola oil and then wipe out 99% of it. Set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, sprinkle the 3 unflavored gelatin packets(Knox) into 1/2 cup of the cold water. After the gelatin puffs up(blooms), add the 1 1/2 remaining boiling water and stir until the unflavored gelatin(Knox) dissolves.
- 5Add the can of condensed milk to the unflavored gelatin mixture. Stir and cool(not set). Pour cooled milk mixture over the jello in the Bundt pan and chill overnight.
Unmold by dipping the pan very briefly in warm water then invert onto a serving plate. Beautiful!!