1 cpeanut butter (my family loves crunchy best)
1/2 cbutterscotch chips
2 coriginal - fiber one - cereal
1/2 cdry roasted peanuts or other nuts of your choice (we like them with toasted almond pieces)
1/2 cdried cranberries, or cherries, or raisins or any other dried fruit you like
How to Make "Healthy" Haystacks
- Dump the peanut butter and the butterscotch chips into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or until the chips are melted.
- Stir the melted peanut butter and butterscotch chips together until they are well combined and smooth.
- Add the cereal, nuts, and fruit and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Using a small spoon, drop 24 haystacks onto the cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, then transfer to a container and keep these refrigerated for best results, but especially when the weather is hot.
- Here are the nutritional values for these - based on using peanuts:
1 haystack = 125 calories; 9g fat; 3g fiber; 12g protein; 7% daily value Vitamin E; 6% daily value iron; 13% daily value zinc.