Any Flavor Butter Cream Frosting
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- butter flavored crisco, room temperature
- 1 1/2 lb
- box confectioners powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tbsp
- or more milk ( i used evaporated milk)
- 2 tsp
- peppermint extract (more or less according to taste)
How to Make Any Flavor Butter Cream Frosting
- 1Add softened butter and buttered flavored crisco to a medium size bowl, then start off slowly beating the mixture on low speed and gradually increase speed. Add the powdered sugar and beat till it starts to come together. Add the extract of your choice, and beat, then add enough milk till frosting reaches the consistency you are looking for. Tint if desired with food coloring or other tint food options. Beat till creamy and smooth and then frost your cooled cake.
- 2NOTES OF IMPORTANCE: If you are doing a bundt cake you only need to use a 1 pound box of powdered sugar. If you are making a 3 layer cake as I did then use a box and a half to add an ample amount of frosting between layers on top and sides of cake.
- 3This is my easy go to frosting, sometimes I add cream Cheese to change the flavor when there is room in the fridge to keep the cake refrigerated. Add different flavors of extracts to change the flavor. Note Extracts have a much stronger flavor than the IMITATION VARIETY like the vanilla. I never use them, unless that is all that is available in that flavor, eg. Butter Pecan. Imitations are a little cheeper,but not always as effective.