I like making homemade Danish dessert because I can make it in any flavor, change the depth of the flavor, and can control the amount of sweetness and sugar or sugar free. Also, it's about 1/3 of the cost of the pre-packaged.
Also, you can add any fruit that you prefer and make a homemade pie filling.
- 1/3 c
- cassava flour (tapioca starch)
- 1/2 c
- sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 pkg
- unsweetened kool-aid (any flavor) (1 package measures 1 tsp.)
- 2 c
How to Make Danish Dessert
- 1In a small sauce pan, mix dry ingredients together. If you want to add a deeper flavor, you can add more Kool-Aid. If you'd like it sweeter or more tart, adjust the sugar/sugar substitute content. Adding another Tbsp or 2 of the Cassava flour will make the dessert thicker.
- 2Add water and mix well. The color will be a milky color of whatever flavor you chose, due to the Cassava flour.
- 3Place pan over medium heat and stir often, to prevent scorching, until mixture is a slow rolling boil. When mixture has become more translucent (except the chosen flavor color), instead of milky (You will see the change as it's cooking. Typically, it will first appear at the sides of the pan.), remove from heat and pour into mold or 4 individual heat-safe cups.
- 4Refrigerate until cold.
- 5When cooled, the consistency will be a soft gel perfect for a pie glaze or light pudding. If you used more Cassava flour, it will be a thicker pudding.
Serve alone or with fruit or whipped cream.