Almond Cream Sauce for Steamed Date Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 2 c
- milk, you can use cream if you want it richer
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 c
- whipped cream, unsweetened
How to Make Almond Cream Sauce for Steamed Date Pudding
- 1Mix sugar, salt and cornstarch in a sauce pan and mix thoroughly. Gradually stir in milk and blend till smooth.
- 2Set over med. heat stirring constantly until it bubbles. Remove from heat
- 3In a separate bowl whisk eggs and then gradually add hot mix in, whisking while you do it to prevent the eggs from scrambling. Put the mixture back on the heat till it bubbles once again. Remove and add Almond extract and butter. Stir just till the butter in melted and combined.
- 4Place plastic wrap directly on the sauce to prevent a skin forming. Place in fridge till cold.
- 5When your ready to serve. Whip the whipping cream till stiff (don't add sugar, the sauce will have enough sweetness) fold the whip cream into the almond cream and server over Warm Date Pudding
- 6You can use this for any cake or tarts, ect. Enjoy
- 7*time for me to get on the tredmill*