Rich and Creamy Apple Crisp (Heirloom Recipe)
A slightly different take on traditional Apple Crisp. Made with apples, rich creamy evaporated milk, brown sugar and oats, your family will request this easy dessert often!
Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy! Peg
6 csliced apples
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 tspcorn starch
1/2 cevaporated milk
1 cquick cooking oats
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/3 cevaporated milk
How to Make Rich and Creamy Apple Crisp (Heirloom Recipe)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Place sliced apples in baking dish. Mix sugar and corn starch in medium bowl, stir in the evaporated milk and pour over the apple slices.
- Mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together. Stir in the melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread mixture on top of apples. Spoon 1/3 cup evaporated milk over the topping. Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Top with freshly whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.