CHOCOLATE PUDDLE COOKIES
Recipe & photo: Yummly.com
- 3 c
- walnut halves, toasted & cooled
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- plus 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp
- fine grain sea salt
- 4 large
- egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make CHOCOLATE PUDDLE COOKIES
- 1Chop the cooled walnuts and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and sea salt. Stir in the walnuts.
- 2Add egg whites and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- 3Spoon the batter onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper, in mounds of about 2 Tbsp. each with PLENTY of room between cookies. They will expand a lot. There should be no more than 6 cookies on each baking sheet.
- 4Place cookie sheets on oven racks in the top and bottom third of the oven, at 325 degrees. Bake until they puff up, about 12 - 15 minutes. The tops should be glossy and slightly cracked.