Buttery Lemon Pie Cookies
A nice buttery cookie filled with a refreshing, tangy lemon center, these will be a welcome treat when you want to serve something special.
- 1 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 tsp
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 2/3 c
- 3 tsp
- grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- coarse sugar, powdered sugar or coconut
How to Make Buttery Lemon Pie Cookies
- 1Note: Prep time does not include cooling times.
- 2In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Blend well. Chill.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on prepared cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper.) With thumb, make an imprint in the center of each cookie.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until just golden. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- 5For Filling:
In medium saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth. Cool.
- 6Top each cookie with 1/4 tsp. filling. Garnish as desired.