Moist & Marbled Pumpkin Spice Bread
This is a recipe that I've been making for over 20 years. All of the flavors of pumpkin pie year-round. You just can't beat the wonderful aroma as it bakes. Quick and easy, too! Made with ingredients that I usually have on hand. I hate recipes that cost an arm and a leg to make!
Check out my other quick bread recipes if you'd like. All are made regularly and have stood the test of time. Most of them I've made for almost 30 years.
- 2 c
- 1 1/3 c
- white sugar
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 3 large
- 1 1/4 c
- whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
How to Make Moist & Marbled Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Blend into dry ingredients until just combined. Try not to over mix.
- 2Remove 1 1/2 cups to another bowl. By hand, stir in molasses, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- 3Spoon 1/4 of the molasses batter into each of two greased 8x4 loaf pans. Top each with 1/4 of the plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter gently with a knife to swirl batter.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. (I start checking around 40 minutes... all ovens are different.) Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 5Optional Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 T. warm whipping cream (...or to desired consistency)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix together in a small bowl and drizzle over still warm bread on rack with waxed paper underneath. You can add a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to this as well, if desired.