Linda's Cinnamon Coffee Bread
This is one of those breads that is great for sharing with friends and neighbors, and great for coffee and cake with company or just yourself in the morning! My neighbor knows she is getting a loaf when she smells it baking! They go crazy for it too!
4 call purpose flour, unbleached
2 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, softened
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 tspcinnamon, ground
1/2 cpecans, chopped (optional)
How to Make Linda's Cinnamon Coffee Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Grease your bread pans or cake rounds.
Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
Add Buttermilk and mix until combined.
Slowly add Flour and Baking Soda(about a cup at a time),mixing well until combined until adding more.
Mix all ingredients well until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Chefs note: Batter will be slightly thicker than a cake batter and does not pour into the pan like a cake batter would. Much easier to scoop out into the pans.
- Using 1/2 of your batter, divide it into both of your prepared baking pans as equally as possible.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon and pecans(optional).
Sprinkle 3/4 of your cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the batter in your baking pans, dividing it as equally as possible.
- Using the remaining 1/2 of your batter, divide it into both baking pans on top of the cinnamon mixture as equally as possible.
- Top your batter in both pans with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
Using a butter knife, swirl the batter, being careful not to swirl it too much.
- Chef Note: In swirling I take the butter knife and go in an S pattern lengthwise and then using the S pattern technique width wise only once in each direction.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 20 minutes before attempting to remove from the pans.