Chocolate Almond Cake For Your Valentine
5 ozdark chocolate
11/4 calmond meal
1/3 csliced almonds
1 ozshredded chocolate
·for the icing:
3 ozdark chocolate
How to Make Chocolate Almond Cake For Your Valentine
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.Let it cool for a bit.
- In a mixer, beat egg yolks and the sugar until fluffy.Mix the cooled chocolate into the sugar/ egg yolk mixture.
- Add the almond meal,sliced almonds and shredded chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form peaks.Add to the almond mixture. Gently mix in just to combine.
- Pour dough into a 9 inch spring form pan.Bake 40-45 minutes in 350 F oven.