Carrot and Raisin Loaf
The Recipe Swap tester wrote in her notes that this loaf is Moist, dense and not too sweet, This is a good, easy, quick bread.
I did not add the raisins to my loaf but will try adding them next time. Either way this is a great recipe. I hope you find it so too.
·1+1/2 cups of all purpose flour
·1+1/2 tsp baking powder
·1/2 tsp salt
·1 tsp cinnamon
·pinch of ginger
·pinch of nutmeg
·1/3 cup vegetable oil
·1/2 cup granulated sugar
·1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
·1/2 tsp vanilla
·1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
·1 cup raisins (optional)
How to Make Carrot and Raisin Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350F
Grease a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in carrots and raisins (if using).
- Gently but thoroughly stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake about 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean
- Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely