Carrot and Raisin Loaf
The Recipe Swap tester wrote in her notes that this loaf is Moist, dense and not too sweet, This is a good, easy, quick bread.
I did not add the raisins to my loaf but will try adding them next time. Either way this is a great recipe. I hope you find it so too.
- 1+1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1+1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
How to Make Carrot and Raisin Loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
Grease a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- 4Stir in carrots and raisins (if using).
- 5Gently but thoroughly stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- 6Spoon into prepared pan and bake about 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean
- 7Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely