Skillet Snickerdoodle Cookie
Found this recipe while surfing on the internet.
This photo is from askamom-at home in Alaska.
I just love this. You will too!!
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 1 tsp
- vanilla butter and nut flavoring(or vanilla extract)
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar mixed with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
How to Make Skillet Snickerdoodle Cookie
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and flavoring and mix until smooth.
Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix until well combined.
Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350^. Rub a 12-inch cast iron skillet with a small amount of butter.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture over the bottom of the skillet.
Place cookie dough in skillet and pat the dough evenly until it completely covers the bottom of the skillet.
- 4Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar evenly over the cookie dough.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Carefully remove skillet from oven and place on a wire rack.
Cool for at least 20 minutes.
Slice into wedges and serve.