GRANNY RUTH'S FRUIT DROPS
2 can(s)brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 csoured milk, such as buttermilk
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbroken pecans pieces
2 ccandied cherries halved
2 ccut up dates
How to Make GRANNY RUTH'S FRUIT DROPS
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs well. stir in soured milk.
- Measure flour and sift well.
- Blend dry ingredients stir in. Stir pecans, cherries and dates. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Place a pecan half on each cookie, if desired.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly.
- Makes about 8 dozen cookies.