How to Make BUTTER COOKIES
- Cookies may be flattened with a fork or the bottom of a glass, covered with a damp cloth.
- If cookie sheets are not available, use the bottom of bun pans.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla blend well.
- Stir dry ingredients together and gradually add creamed mixture. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes
- CHOCOLATE; Sift 3/4 c. cocoa with dry ingredients. OATMEAL; Use half brown and hale white sugar. Instead of 1 1/2 qts. flour Use 1 qt. flour and 1qt oats. SNICKERDOODLES; Sift 2 tsp. cream of tartar with dry ingredients . Shape into balls about the size of walnuts and roll in 1/4 c. sugar and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon. COCONUT; Use half brown and half whith sugar and 2 c. coconut