5 Star Fudge Pudding
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cbutter, softened
1square unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cchopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cbrown sugar
3 Tbspcocoa powder
1 1/2 cboiling water
How to Make 5 Star Fudge Pudding
- Put water on to boil.
Melt chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly combine flour baking powder and the half tsp of salt, using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the softened butter and 2/3 c. sugar.
- Beat in the flour mixture, with milk enough to blend.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, vanilla, and nuts, if desired. (We like our chocolate straight-up, so I never add nuts.)
- Spread the batter into a 8 or 9" square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl thoroughly combine brown sugar, 1/2 c. sugar, cocoa, and 1/4 t. salt with a fork.
Sprinkle this over the batter. Do not stir.
- Gently pour the boiling water over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake 1 hour at 350*
Cool slightly, serve warm.
- NOTES: If you want to dress it up for company, garnish with whipped cream or ice cream, and chocolate curls or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
This recipe reheats well.
*By substituting gluten-free all purpose flour, this recipe is easily made gluten free. (Try Bob's Red Mill brand for the cake batter, and Gifts of Nature brand for the pudding.)