SEA FOAM CANDY
How to Make SEA FOAM CANDY
- 1Combine sugars, water, corn syrup, and salt in a 2 quart heavy saucepan.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, until sugars dissolve and mixture reaches a boil. If sugar crystals form on sides of pan, wipe them off
- 3Continue cooking, without stirring, at a fairly low boil to hard boil stage ( 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.) Remove from heat.
- 4At once beat egg whites until stiff. Pour the hot syrup in a thin stream over the egg whites, beating constantly with electric mixer on high speed.
- 5Add vanilla continue beating until candy forms soft peaks and starts to lose its gloss, about 10 minutes
- 6Stir in nuts. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, swirling candy to make peaks.
- 7Makes 30 to 36 pieces, or about 1 lb.