Sour Cream Coffee Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter (softenened is better)not necessary though
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tspcinnamon, ground separated
2 call purpose flour
1/2 cwholewheat flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cchopped nuts (walnut or pecans)
How to Make Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bunt pan.Lightly flour. Get out 2 bowls. One for dry ingredients.One for wet ingredients,Then for mixing together.
- In larger bowl;Cream together 1/2c butter,3/4c sugar,(can use half white and half brown)or Splenda, 2eggs,1 teaspoon vanilla,1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In smaller bowl sift together 2 c flour,1/2 cup wheat flour(can use more whole wheat flour,1 teaspoon baking powder,1 teaspoon baking soda,1/4 teaspoon salt.(If you don't have a sifter you can whisk all these together.I find it works as well)
- Mix dry ingredients with the cream mixture.
- Add 1 cup sour cream.(If you used more wheat flour than called for add extra)
- Topping: In separate bowl mix together 1 teaspoon cinnamon,1/4 teaspoon brown sugar,1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Pour half batter in greased bunt pan. Pour half of topping over batter.
- Pour in rest of batter.pour the rest of topping over the batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, mix together confectionary sugar and milk to a smooth consistency. drizzle over cake. This Step is optional it is good either way.